Cardinal Reef 910L

Täällä voit kertoa allasprojektisi etenemisestä.

Re: Cardinal Reef 910L

ViestiKirjoittaja YellowTang06 » 08 Marras 2013 14:27

Hei Aurum,
Just wondering... Are you using RO/DI water or tap water?
I am planning to setup a new tank and thought to go fully with tap! :roll:

Cheers,
YT

Aurum kirjoitti:Looks amazing! I really like the wall structure at the right edge of the tank (that covers the overflow). Nice to hear that you don't have algae problems, I have :mrgreen:
YellowTang06

ViestiKirjoittaja Aurum » 09 Marras 2013 16:22

I'm using tap water, but I'm just thinking to get RO/DI device. In future my plan is to use RO-water only. :lol:
I have a small tank, so I do water changes every week (~10%). That also meas I get a lot of harmful nutrients from tap water (like silicates).
Aurum

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 12 Marras 2013 12:22

Thanks guys!

I have not tested the intensity drop in the LEDs but that would be very interesting to see.

I use RO with a silicate remover part. I would recommend everyone to use this unless you do large and frequent water changes.
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 28 Tammi 2014 15:00

Hi guys!

Hope you all have had a good start to 2014.

MURPHY

When you write that everything is going fine… I purchased some new SPS/LPS before X-mas. Two of the purchased colonies died within 24 hours in RTN and then it most likely spread to my montipora species and killed off most of my montis. A quarantine tank would likely have avoided this from happening but this is unfortunately not an option where we live today. The acropora corals were thankfully not affected.

During X-mas I was travelling for two weeks in Spain and then my KH dosing pump had failed almost immediately after I left... The skimmer was also overflowed when I got back. I need to give better instructions to the person checking up on the system while away and perhaps also install an IP camera to observe the tank remotely. One SPS colony and one LPS was dead when I got back and many colonies had lost color.

After a few weeks the situation and parameters have been stabilized but now I am having problem with low pH most likely due to the air exchange system not working correctly in the cold weather we are having (happened last year as well). The apartments in Finland are very well isolated so the C02 builds up quickly, especially if you have a built in stand. I have now installed a bathroom fan to circulate air out of the cabinet and also have the balcony door slightly open during the days. I will also try to reverse the light cycle on my refuge where I grow Chaeto to further stabilize the pH. I am also using a pH buffer.

Not any major problem and some set backs are part of the hobby - as long as you learn from them .

REFUGE

I have started to place corals in the fuge and almost all species are fluorescent and it is starting to look nice when only the blues are on in the morning and evening. My new LEDs over the fuge are shown in the photo below with the day light on and the side panel removed.

Kuva
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 28 Tammi 2014 15:02

FISH

Two of my new fish that felt like posing for me. The five surgeons are behaving very well together but it is no question who is new boss in the tank, keeping the yellows in check . The Goby helps to keep the sand and rock work clean and removed the cyano that was persistent in a few places on the ceramics where the circulation was low.

Kuva

Kuva
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 28 Tammi 2014 15:04

CORALS

Some macros of my new corals. I will update with a full tank shot when things have started growing back a bit. If anyone is in need of pruning SPS/LPS please let me know :).

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 29 Tammi 2014 10:30

PS. The coffee/tea pot is always on if anyone wants to drop by our apartment in Länsi Pasila for a chat. I also have chaeto available if anyone needs for their refuge. I also understood that many have lost their Hystrix/birdsnest colonies in Finland and I would be happy to trade/give some smaller frags (quite a lot died during X-mas but is now starting to grow back). Any idea why so many lost their Hystrix colonies, some virus/disease?

MORE CORALS

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva
Cardinal

Edellinen

Paluu Allasprojektit