Cardinal Reef 910L

Täällä voit kertoa allasprojektisi etenemisestä.

Re: Cardinal Reef 910L

ViestiKirjoittaja Aqualung » 29 Marras 2012 09:08

As I've already stated at RC, this tank is really coming along nicely and has great aesthetics. Really something that needs to be viewed in person over a mug of hot java at some point. :D

Also, from the day 1 I've had this image in my head from your screen name... The Cardinal.
140x70x55 (+ muutama elintoimintojen ylläpitoon kytketty allas) ja 125x40x45
Aqualung

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 29 Marras 2012 09:56

Aqualung kirjoitti:As I've already stated at RC, this tank is really coming along nicely and has great aesthetics. Really something that needs to be viewed in person over a mug of hot java at some point. :D

Also, from the day 1 I've had this image in my head from your screen name... The Cardinal.

Thanks Aqualung, you are welcome to drop by!

Nice video... :D. The nick is actually from my past experiences with breeding Banggai Cardinals but this version is cooler so I think I'll stick with that from now.

CLAM KILLS CLOWN?

I suspect one of my young bred clowns got caught by the clam after trying to nest there for some time. He had started to really disturb the clam for a few days and although I didn't see it he all of a sudden was floating helplessly by and died after a few minutes. I assume it could be a "heart attack event" or similar but the circumstances makes me wonder if the clam didn't crush him (no signs on the body though)... Anyone had experience with this?
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Rapide » 29 Marras 2012 10:13

I have heard a lot of stories about clams getting all snappy and killing a fish. And soon after the clam has died too! Don't know it they are true...
Rapide

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 29 Marras 2012 10:48

Rapide kirjoitti:I have heard a lot of stories about clams getting all snappy and killing a fish. And soon after the clam has died too! Don't know it they are true...

Thanks Rapide. I guess it is more common that the clam is killed by the fish than the other way around but I have heard of fish getting caught and killed by clams and an overexcited nesting clown must be a prime contender to trigger an event like this. The clam seems fine now though and the remaining clown has left the clam alone... for now...
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Rapide » 29 Marras 2012 12:10

" Saw the craziest thing. My Kole tang was harassing a 10" Derasa clam and the clam slammed shut on its head. Fish barely escaped after we pried open the clam. #clamjustice

I heard of this multiple times. Your clam will most likely not make. :(
31. lokakuuta kello 3:21

Ah, that is why my perfectly healthy clam died, same thing happened a few months ago with my foxface, but he escaped. The clam shut so hard I jumped from across the room. Clam died weeks later. Why is that?
31. lokakuuta kello 3:42

When we got back from Cali I noticed the clam wasn't too happy. Maybe the fish was bothering it or maybe the clam was on its way out and thats what made the fish get curious and nippy. I don't know..."

Just a few comments about this...
Rapide

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 03 Joulu 2012 15:02

Thanks for sharing Rapide.

It seems the remaining clown has started nesting in the new hammer coral instead...
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 02 Tammi 2013 13:13

Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja -Alix- » 02 Tammi 2013 16:06

Wow, snyggt! When you feel the compelling need to frag that hammerhead euphyllia, I'll be there :mrgreen: What is the yellow coral in front of the Hystrix?
-Alix-

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 04 Tammi 2013 11:22

Kiitos/tack Alix!

The hammer head is nice but unfortunately died back about two thirds but the remaining animal seems to do fine so I hope it recovers. I will let you know when it is frag time :D.

The "yellow" coral is actually more green IRL (green Seriatopora I believe).
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja -Alix- » 04 Tammi 2013 13:44

I have the same one and i think it looks a lot like seriatopora caliendrum, but the color is wrong. Mine is lemon/lime -colored (i got some frags a few days after you). So it would be just "Seriatopora sp."? :mrgreen:
-Alix-

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu Allasprojektit