Cardinal Reef 910L

Täällä voit kertoa allasprojektisi etenemisestä.

Re: Cardinal Reef 910L

ViestiKirjoittaja Kaihomieli » 05 Tammi 2013 12:58

Huomasin tuolla ketjun alkupäässä oivan jalustan teko-ohjeen, kiitos siitä, taidampa tehdä lähes samalla tyylillä uuteen altaaseen jalustan.
Nätti näyttää olevan allaskin sulla siinä päällä.
Wanha ei valitettavasti osaa laisinkaan muita kieliä joten joku ystävällinen voisi ottaa ja kääntää tämän englanniksi.

Epa
Kaihomieli

ViestiKirjoittaja EmHoo » 05 Tammi 2013 21:41

Hi

Alias Kaihomieli above has studied your plans and construction pictures and he is inspired to do his own stand somewhat the same way. He wants to thank you and he says that your aquarium is very beautiful, too.

On behalf of Kaihomieli

Merja
140 x 70 x 55 = 540. Jo vuodesta 2012.
http://riuttaolohuoneessa.blogspot.com
EmHoo

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 09 Tammi 2013 10:48

Kaihomieli kirjoitti:Huomasin tuolla ketjun alkupäässä oivan jalustan teko-ohjeen, kiitos siitä, taidampa tehdä lähes samalla tyylillä uuteen altaaseen jalustan.
Nätti näyttää olevan allaskin sulla siinä päällä.
Wanha ei valitettavasti osaa laisinkaan muita kieliä joten joku ystävällinen voisi ottaa ja kääntää tämän englanniksi.

Epa

Kiitos Epa!

Here is a link that helped me a lot when building my stand:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1169964

Good luck!

EmHoo kirjoitti:Hi

Alias Kaihomieli above has studied your plans and construction pictures and he is inspired to do his own stand somewhat the same way. He wants to thank you and he says that your aquarium is very beautiful, too.

On behalf of Kaihomieli

Merja

Thank you Merja for the translation help :). My understanding of Finnish is quite good so I understood but thanks anyway, much appreciated.
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 28 Loka 2013 12:38

Hi!

Time for an update.

I have now had my 2 x Radion Gen 2 over the tank since May and I am really happy with them so far. The ability to dim and change colors during the day and night has added a lot of variation to the tank and that means that you spend more time looking at the tank. The lighting effect is also a cool aspect. I was a bit worried that they would not cover the length of the tank, 165cm, but I have them around 60 cm above the tank and this gives good spread and sufficient penetration. The spread seems better than with my 2 x 250w MH with lumen arc reflectors and that was a pleasant surprise. The heat was becoming an issue but after the switch to LED it has not a problem although I probably will install an extra fan before next summer to cover the heat peaks. I have kept the 3 x 80w T5 lamps as it lights up the side of the pillars better and adds to the total wattage required.

I change about 20% water monthly, clean algae twice per week and change balling once a month. I have had no animal pests or problem with algae since the start so I count myself very lucky. The growth is good enough although a third LED would give a better spread. The clam in the lower right corner is growing nicely so I guess the light is sufficient. Maximum growth has never been the main goal of this setup and I want to keep the aquascape and open spaces.

Kim had a nice selection of healthy fish so I purchased 4 new during the weekend including a powder blue tang (PBT), two percula clowns and one sand sifting goby, Amblygobius phalaena. They have managed well and are all active and healthy. The PBT is quite a lot bigger than the four Zebrasoma flavescens and they seem to get along well and are now swimming together. I will not push my luck with adding more tangs though. No pictures from the new crew yet.

I am still looking for interesting corals, especially SPS so let me know if you have anything that needs trimming :).

UPDATED SHOTS:

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

For larger pictures please visit my photo site:

http://photoaspen.smugmug.com/Hobbies/My-Reef
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja Suklaamonni » 28 Loka 2013 14:04

Very impressive! And very high quality photos in the web site!
Suklaamonni

ViestiKirjoittaja Kalakaverit » 28 Loka 2013 16:26

Oh jeah, my eyes are resting when I look at these pictures. Very nice :D
Kalakaverit

ViestiKirjoittaja Aurum » 28 Loka 2013 19:44

Looks amazing! I really like the wall structure at the right edge of the tank (that covers the overflow). Nice to hear that you don't have algae problems, I have :mrgreen:
Aurum

ViestiKirjoittaja Cardinal » 29 Loka 2013 09:26

Thanks guys, glad if you like it!

SOME CLOSEUPS/MACROS:

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva
Cardinal

ViestiKirjoittaja YellowTang06 » 05 Marras 2013 21:16

Dear Cardinal,

Words can not explain the beauty of your tank! This is truely a masterpiece!
Congratulations and all the best with this amazing project!

Looking forward to your updates!

Cheers,
YT
YellowTang06

ViestiKirjoittaja Akutila » 07 Marras 2013 21:06

Very nice development! Have you happened to make any measurements of intensities of the Radion LED light spectrums? Just curious how well those have maintained their intensity over time since some LED - units with certain brand of LED on the market have shown some pretty quick reduce of their intensity.
Akutila

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu Allasprojektit